July 1-9, 2012
Havana, Matanzas, Varadero
Join Patricio Tapia (Founder/Director of Spanish in Marin) and Worldpassage Ltd on a uniquely insightful trip of cultural discovery. We will have experiences offered to few travelers to this tropical island nation. Special guest is Ariel Goldstein, former teacher and co-leader with Patricio of the Spanish in Marin trips to South America.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS May 1, 2012
Download our information packet for more details about this exciting journey.
You will know Cuba...
It has been said of Cuba that you experience it with all your senses. With a mix of African, Spanish and Caribbean influences, Cuban culture's vibrancy and vitality is alive. Cuba is old, some of it is elegantly decayed, and it feels as though time has stopped. But it is full of life from the aroma of cooking food, to the rhythm in the way people move, to the sound of music in the air.
Your program includes:
- 8 days, 7 nights in Cuba − One night in Miami
- Experienced driver; modern A/C bus
- Cuban guide
- Transfers from/ to airport in Cuba & to in Miami
- Gratuity to guide and driver − in addition, a voluntary token gratuity will be requested from each participant for the week: for the guide (20 CUC/ $23) and driver (10 CUC/$12). It is customary but not obligatory.
- Tips to wait staff at included meals.
- Porterage and gratuity at Miami hotel (departure day only) and at hotels in Cuba.
- Porterage at MIA airport available but not included.
- Cuban Medical insurance including repatriation if necessary − Cuban insurance does not cover treatment due to a pre-existing condition. Please see below.
- Lecture and presentation by Professor Coyula noted Cuban architect.
- Entrance fees to museums and sites of interest as per itinerary.
- Bottled water on the bus − 2 bottles per day per person when on bus.
- Practical travel guide for Cuba
- Informational packet listing recommended private restaurants and activities.
- Cuban Visa
- US airport Departure tax
- R/T Air MIA−HAV−MIA
- HOTELS: 7 nights in Cuba; 1 night in Miami
Cuba is changing rapidly; now is really the time!